2018 has been one hell of a year – I accomplished some really big goals I set for myself and I know it’s definitely a year for the books.
Here are a list of achievements for this year that I can name off the top of my head:
- I finally started working in acute psych (the only place in nursing where I had ever hoped to see myself in) and love it. I enjoy conversing with my patients and being able to share some wisdom as well as learning from them.
- Became a brand ambassador for two companies – Keep Nature Wild and BANGS Shoes (hit me up for a sweet discount on their shoes). I actually moved up to Sole Mate for Bangs, and I am in love with the sense of community and adventure this company promotes! KNW encourages keep nature wild by having impact days where ambassadors, and just about anyone, head out into the wild and pick up trash! BANGS invests 20% of every sale towards entrepreneurs around the world through kiva.org – you should check out both of these amazing companies!
- Finally moved out and surviving – Chris and I split the rent along with monthly bills so it’s been manageable despite still trying to pay off credit card debt
- Learned to cook some simple dishes here and there. My favorite recipes that I’ve perfected are my chicken katsu and chicken tortilla soup! Hello, crockpot.
- Saw this blog actually make some profit! I teamed up with two companies earlier this year made a few extra bucks by writing entries for them. I like to keep this blog as closely tied to my personal life as possible but a few extra dollars never hurt.
- Adopted and took in my furbaby, Jazz. I’ve never mentioned her but Chris and I have a little furball! We found her in the backyard and took her in. She’s the sweetest little kitty anyone could ever ask for.
- Visited my home country for the first time in eleven years. And to add to my list of firsts, I visited Arizona AND the Grand Canyon – I’ll write more about this trip soon!
And what do I have planned for next year?! A LOT OF AMAZING THINGS. The wedding hasn’t been planned so maybe we’ll finally see some wedding planning next year! I definitely want to put in more hikes into my year and visit new national parks. Also, a trip to Hawaii sounds like a good idea too, don’t you think?
2018 has been an amazing year and I definitely am looking forward to bigger, better and brighter things for 2019! BRING IT ON!