Hi, hello! It’s been a while since I wrote a post that actually kept you up to date with how life is going as opposed to writing catch-up posts of my life’s events – so here goes!
- I became employee of the month for February at my hospital – my second time receiving this award in the almost two years I’ve been here. How cool is that?!
- Caught a really bad cold at the beginning of last month. I feel better but I’m now dealing with the worst cough ever and I’m convinced it’s bronchitis. I’ll officially know on Friday since I finally got an appointment to see my doctor. American healthcare both has its pros and cons.
- I’ll be leaving for Utah in about two weeks and I’m super stoked to finally take some time off from work.
- Chris and I finally booked our tickets for Japan for August/September! Hopefully the coronavirus panic dies down long before then. As a nurse, there shouldn’t even be a panic regarding this virus – just practice good hand washing and stay on top of your vitamins to build your immune system!
- Dried jackfruit bites are my current obsession.
In other news, I teamed up with Fikabröd recently to deliver something sweet into your lives! Fikabröd is a subscription box company that aims to delight and inspire! Whether you are a beginning baker or a seasoned professional, their carefully curated boxes will help fuel your creativity in the kitchen. With their boxes, you’ll be able to take your love of baking beyond the mixing bowl. I received my subscription box last week and was pleasantly surprised.
The box came with a package of Bob’s Red Mill Chia Seeds, Chefs Burn balm, Smitten Pink Bliss cupcake bath bomb, tart cherries, crystallized ginger and turmeric glow tea. So far, the bath bomb was amazing – it was a great way to relax after a long twelve-hour shift the other day from work. I was also able to add the crystallized ginger into my turmeric tea and it’s done wonders with controlling my cough and helping soothe my throat. I have yet to the other products in the box but I am so in love with Fikabröd! I initially thought they were only sending me items to bake with but I’m glad I was able to use it for everyday things. If you want to try out this amazing company, use the code EENASAURUS to get $5 off on your first subscription box!