Currently interrupting all my scheduled posts to announce that Chris and I tied the knot last Sunday on September 1st! Despite a few hiccups with the extreme heat, the stereo system failing right before my entrance and around ten people not showing, it was such a fun day! During the wedding planning, I always told everyone who asked about it that I would be so relieved when the wedding’s over and honestly, I’m quite bummed that it’s over.
Everything turned out so perfectly for me and I couldn’t have asked for a better time – even the sunset hour made for the perfect backdrop for all the photos. Here are some highlights from my wedding:
- Made $$$ during the money dance. Totally worth it.
- Family and friends from Canada, Philippines, Nevada, Texas and California came out for my wedding so I felt all of the love.
- Nancy and I finally got to meet Kim in person and we tore up the dance floor! Blogger friends are the best kinda friends!
- My childhood friend, Keisha, flew in from Australia. We’ve been friends since 2000 and it was our first time seeing each other again since 2007.
- Cried during the father/daughter dance with Rod Stewart’s Forever Young playing in the background.
- Dancing to YMCA to end the night. Oh and the Macarena showdown.
I had such a blast and I can’t wait to see the photographer’s photos and to write a more detailed post about all the things I DIY-ed for my big day. In the meantime, check out these videos my friend, Keisha, and my cousin, Angie, made.
Until the next adventure, my friends. ♥